Human Trafficking & Modern Slavery Internship
The NEXUS Working Group on Human Trafficking & Modern Slavery mobilizes resources and individuals to invest in high impact solutions that address the root causes of human trafficking and combat modern day slavery.
Our goals are to:
• Help advance the mission of organizations combating trafficking and modern day slavery.
• Inspire next-gen donors and millennial activists to combat human trafficking and modern day slavery.
• Bridge knowledge gaps, silos and lack of resources with communities of dialogue and wealth.
NEXUS interns have the opportunity to help catalyze important work surrounding philanthropy, social impact investing, and social entrepreneurship throughout the world. The positions will be unpaid based in Washington, DC.
Network Mobilization Internship
Communications and Administrative
• Join weekly anti-human trafficking coordination and collaboration calls to take notes and provide a
summary for members not present on the call.
• Schedule speakers for the Nexus HTMS weekly calls.
• Edit reports and content from Nexus HTMS to Nexus.
• Answer inquiries from practitioners, policy makers, funders and other leaders in the anti-human
• Send out email communication via MailChimp to the Nexus HTMS group.
• Help to maintain, update and develop the organizations’ presence on social media (including Facebook,
Twitter and Instagram).
• Ensure content is engaging and inspiring, supporting the organization’s mission by sparking
conversations and engaging online visitors into deeper involvement.
• Assist with event production (New York City based only).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Copywriting experience and the ability to convey a message across social media platforms.
• Understanding of the organization’s core members and their goals and motivations.
• Self-starter, ability to work well alone or with others.
• Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to learn.
• Interest and experience in using technology and software, especially web-based platforms.
This is an unpaid internship and will be for a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 7 hours per week.
Position is available on a rolling basis, all year.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put “NEXUS Internship” in the subject line of the email.