We are a network of young philanthropists, social entrepreneurs and impact investors catalysing change in Australia and the world. We do this through a BUILD, LEARN, SHARE and CREATE strategy: BUILD a common understanding, LEARN from each other’s perspective, SHARE ideas and lessons learned in solving problems and CREATE ways to solve challenges.
Nexus Australia was seeded in 2013 thanks to a collaboration between the Foundation for Young Australians (FYA) and leading Australian philanthropists. Since then, we’ve connected the intellectual, creative, financial and social capital of hundreds of members to lead social change through NEXUS Australia Summits, Salons and Breakfast Clubs.
We exist to grow the culture of philanthropy in Australia and address our most pertinent social issues. By creating a space to connect young people with wealth together with social entrepreneurs, NEXUS aims to catalyse an attitudinal change, elevate the importance of private giving and empower participants to become innovative change-makers in their own right.
What We’re Up To
NEXUS Australia Summits connect exceptional young social entrepreneurs, philanthropists and impact investors from across the country in an action oriented, solution focused gathering
NEXUS Australia members engage with the network through sharing opportunities, invitations, learnings and resources, both online and offline
We host regular opportunities for peer collaboration, discussion and inspiration around different interest and passion areas. These include Salons, Breakfast Clubs and dinners. Click here to host your own NEXUS gathering.
We send annual delegations to the NEXUS Global Summit in New York City to network with NEXUS Members from around the world
Innovator of the Year
In partnership with the Foundation of Young Australians, we honor an exceptional young social entrepreneur and leadership who is successfully tackling an important social issue
Goals and Actions
NEXUS Australia’s goals are to:
- Inspire philanthropic leadership amongst young Australians by providing innovative pathways to create change
- Grow strategic social and environmental investment to address social issues
- Nurture a culture of evaluation and rigorous impact measurement within the philanthropic and social change landscapes
- Enable strong collaborations and partnerships across philanthropic, social and entrepreneurial sectors
- Bridge the gap between communities of wealth and social entrepreneurship
- Connect Australian change-makers to extraordinary, like-minded global activists
- NEXUS Australia Summit 2018
- NEXUS Australia Youth Summit 2016: https://www.nexusglobal.org/australia2016/
- NEXUS Australia Youth Summit 2014: https://www.nexusglobal.org/summits/australia/
- NEXUS Australia Youth Summit 2013: https://www.nexusglobal.org/summits/australia/#2013
OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
NEXUS Australia Regional Director
Rachel English has worked on many sides of the social, in fundraising, service delivery and granting. She now works in Philanthropy at Mutual Trust, assisting families with their giving and strategies. Whilst at the same time formulating her own strategies as a trustee of the English Family Foundation which focuses on driving transformational change through partnerships with early stage social enterprises in Australia and South East Asia. Rachel is also member of Philanthropy Australia’s New Gen program and Chair of NEXUS Australia.
NEXUS Australia Steering Committee Member
Interested in joining or sponsoring the NEXUS Australia network? Are you an exceptional young social entrepreneur, philanthropist or impact investor? Interested in doing good and shaping the future of Australia? We’d love to hear from you. Please send us a message and we’ll be in touch shortly.