We are a network of young philanthropists, social entrepreneurs and impact investors catalysing change in Australia and the world. We do this through a BUILD, LEARN, SHARE and CREATE strategy: BUILD a common understanding, LEARN from each other’s perspective, SHARE ideas and lessons learned in solving problems and CREATE ways to solve challenges.
NEXUS Australia was seeded in 2013 thanks to a collaboration between the Foundation for Young Australians (FYA) and leading Australian philanthropists, and is now hosted by Australian Progress. We’ve connected the intellectual, creative, financial and social capital of hundreds of members to lead social change through NEXUS Australia Summits, Salons and Breakfast Clubs.
We exist to grow the culture of philanthropy in Australia and address our most pertinent social issues. By creating a space to connect young people with wealth together with social entrepreneurs, NEXUS aims to catalyse an attitudinal change, elevate the importance of private giving and empower participants to become innovative change-makers in their own right.
What We’re Up To
NEXUS Australia Summits connect exceptional young social entrepreneurs, philanthropists and impact investors from across the country in an action oriented, solution focused gathering
NEXUS Australia members engage with the network through sharing opportunities, invitations, learnings and resources, both online and offline
We host regular opportunities for peer collaboration, discussion and inspiration around different interest and passion areas. These include Salons, Breakfast Clubs and dinners. Click here to host your own NEXUS gathering.
We send annual delegations to the NEXUS Global Summit in New York City to network with NEXUS Members from around the world
Innovator of the Year
In partnership with the Foundation of Young Australians, we honor an exceptional young social entrepreneur and leadership who is successfully tackling an important social issue
Goals and Actions
NEXUS Australia’s goals are to:
- Inspire philanthropic leadership amongst young Australians by providing innovative pathways to create change
- Grow strategic social and environmental investment to address social issues
- Nurture a culture of evaluation and rigorous impact measurement within the philanthropic and social change landscapes
- Enable strong collaborations and partnerships across philanthropic, social and entrepreneurial sectors
- Bridge the gap between communities of wealth and social entrepreneurship
- Connect Australian change-makers to extraordinary, like-minded global activists
- NEXUS Australia Summit 2018
- NEXUS Australia Youth Summit 2016: https://www.nexusglobal.org/australia2016/
- NEXUS Australia Youth Summit 2014: https://www.nexusglobal.org/summits/australia/
- NEXUS Australia Youth Summit 2013: https://www.nexusglobal.org/summits/australia/#2013
OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
NEXUS Australia Regional Director Chair
Lucy is passionate about philanthropy and social change, contributing her time and skills in various capacities. Lucy has been an active member of Philanthropy Australia’s Next Generation of Giving Program since 2014, and is also involved in her families philanthropic giving. For several years, Lucy headed up the charitable giving arm of a prominent law firm in Australia, however has recently moved in to the not-for-profit sector now working in partnerships and fundraising for a preventative youth mental health charity, batyr. Lucy has been on the NEXUS Australia Steering Committee since 2015, and in 2019 has been elected in to the Co-Chair role.
Get in Touch with NEXUS AUSTRALIA
We’re happy you’ve reached out and look forward to hearing from you. To get to know you better please share a bit more about yourself: