nexus events staff Internship
NEXUS is a global movement to bridge communities of wealth and social entrepreneurship. We work to unite young investors, social entrepreneurs and allies to catalyze new leadership and accelerate global solutions. Founded in 2011, NEXUS puts the hope and promise of young people on the world stage by bringing together leaders at NEXUS events around the world for inspiration, education, dialogue, and collaborative problem solving.
NEXUS seeks creative, self-starting, and collaborative intern. This internship is designed to provide direct experience working on large scale event planning and execution, movement building, communications, outreach for a rapidly expanding international philanthropy movement.
NEXUS interns have the opportunity to help catalyze important work surrounding philanthropy, social impact investing, and social entrepreneurship throughout the world. The position will be based in New York City.
NEXUS interns may assist the NEXUS Headquarters Staff with the following:
– Assisting the Senior Events Manager in tasks leading up to Global Summit in NYC.
– Be an integral part of the NEXUS team during a three day Global Summit in NYC in partnership with the United Nations and The New School.
– Manage In Kind donations
– Research new companies to reach out to
– Reach out to current list
– Create comprehensive list of companies tracking communication
– Assistance in event management, planning and organizing logistics.
– Assisting in developing and implementing engagement strategies.
– Communicating with partners, affiliates, and other individuals on behalf of the organization.
– Supporting social media
– Building relationships with social entrepreneurs, philanthropists, and activists and managing existing ones.
– Synthesizing current events and other happenings in the philanthropic and entrepreneurship fields.
– Assist in the collection of event information and tracking
– Join all Global Team Meetings and act as notetaker
– On Site event support July 25-29, 2018
– Manage in kind deliveries and set up
– Act as deputy to events manager
– Review all printed material and contracts
– Help manage the online platform program process
– Compare updated program in online platform
– Assist in program updates
– Assist in placing orders for materials
– Similar duties and projects will be added as required.
*Has an interest/background in event planning
*Personable and hardworking
*Team player with attitude of “no task is too big or too small!”
*Efficient in google drive
The ideal candidate for this internship should be a team player and problem-solver who enjoys working with others, feels comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and has an interest in gaining experience working for non-profits.
– Strong writing skills.
– Ability to learn quickly and to meet deadlines.
– Excellent organizational, time-management, follow-up, and administrative skills as well as attention to detail.
– Commitment of 20 hours a week starting May 15, 2018- August 4, 2018
NEXUS will consider candidates who have completed or are currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or those holding or pursuing advanced degrees. Candidates should also possess demonstrable interest/background in social entrepreneurship, international affairs, activism, communications, and/or community organizing.
Internships are unpaid and tuition free. Interns must be based in the New York City area for the time period of the internship.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “NEXUS Internships” in the subject line of the email.
Applicants will be interviewed and hired on a rolling basis.
1) Intern will have direct experience working on movement building and network mobilization, which will improve the candidates outreach skills and increase professional network.
2) Intern will gain proficiency in events management by assisting our Senior Events Manager in several key areas leading up to our upcoming 800+ delegates Global Summit in July.